Pages

Friday, December 31

Day 365 (Or: The End)



2010 has been a wild ride..to say the least.

For starters, I began this 365 Project on January 1st, without thinking much of it. Little did I know how much it would truly impact me - it's helped me pursue photography like I never have before. It's forced me to realize and unearth talents I never knew I had, and I'm so excited about the future possibilities and potential I have because of it. I've gotten to do a number of photo shoots this year, with a couple different families, local musicians, couples, and I even got to shoot my first wedding in September. I am beyond excited to see where photography takes me in 2011 - and it really is all thanks to this blog (and my wonderful husband for getting me the 50mm lens last Christmas that really started it all). I won't lie to you, it hasn't been easy, but it's been absolutely worth it. If any of you are considering doing a Project365 for 2011, I would encourage you to try it. It forces you to think and be creative in ways you wouldn't have thought possible. As a sidenote, you get to document 365 consecutive days of your life, which will probably be awesome to look back and read in like 20 years.

Next (and most importantly), in February, my best friend and soulmate asked me to marry him. He took me out to the walking bridge downtown, got on one knee, and said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I, of course, happily accepted! I had no idea 2010 would turn into "how to plan a wedding in 8 months," but it did, and we made it happen! Our wedding was one of the best days of my life, and I wouldn't change anything about it. It's been a blast getting to know each other even better than we already did these past (almost) 3 months, and I am so looking forward to the years ahead. I love you tons, babe. :)

I also got a job promotion about a month before our wedding - from "Production Coordinator" to "Assistant Production Manager!" I know, sounds fancy huh? It's been really cool learning a new position and having more responsibility - just really hectic. I'm really enjoying it though and I think it's giving me great experience for whatever lies ahead of me in the future. I absolutely love my job and I've been so blessed this year to work at such an amazing company as Thomas Nelson. I have some fantastic co-workers and the best supervisor anyone could ask for. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunities I've been given there.

2010 involved a bit of travel, which I can honestly never complain about. January was a trip to San Antonio with Rachel. February, a trip to the mountains in Georgia with Justin and Rachel. July, a trip to Jacksonville for the 4th, and in October, the Bahamas (honeymoon!). I absolutely adore exploring new places and seeing new cities and I sincerely hope 2011 involves more of that. We've already got a trip to Asheville in the works. Hooray for learning how to snowboard!

All in all, I don't think I could've picked a better year to document every day of my life. I got to see 3 amazing couples get married. I met my newest little cousins, Jack and Caleb. I got engaged, and married. I spent time with family and friends (though not nearly enough). I laughed, I cried, I loved. This is the first new year's resolution that I can honestly say I've kept, and I'm so proud of myself for it! It feels good.

As far as 2011 goes, my main goal (I suppose you could call it a resolution) is to become more "legit" with my photography. I'm looking into getting a more professional blog/website together. I'm going to start working on a portfolio. I'm going to do my best to get more (hopefully paying!) photo shoots. I also plan on experimenting a little bit with film, which I'm really looking forward to.

A special thanks to my most faithful readers (like my mom, Danny, Aunt Amber, just to name a few) who kept me on my toes and most importantly, didn't let me quit. You let me know that what I have to say is important to you, and I appreciate that so much.

So, my readers, this isn't goodbye forever - just goodbye for now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope 2011 looks as fantastic and inspiring to you as it does to me. :) I love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. What a great wrap-up to a project that has accomplished so many things. I feel like I have gotten to know you on a level I never would have. You have put yourself "out there" in such a real way. You have not glossed over or tried to hide the your feelings. Refreshing. I will miss my nightly ritual of checking your blog before I go to bed. It makes me sad to think I won't hear about your daily doings or seeing who made the pic of the day. On that note, I am going to curl up next to my grandson and go to bed. Happy New Year, Emily.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for doing this blog for the entire year! You are such an amazing person & I'm not saying that because you're my daughter! :) I will miss reading your blog every day. Now you're gonna have to call me every day & tell me about your interesting going ons. :) Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to see your 365 project come to a close! I've enjoyed reading your blog & can't wait to see what happens with your photography in 2011! Love you!

    ReplyDelete